Roof Maintenance in General
Waterproofing problems manifest themselves in two ways: Leakage and entrained moisture contamination. Leakage is pretty simple, although the leak inside the building rarely directly relates to the exact spot on the roof, since the water flows down the slope of the roof to a spot that is not sealed and into the building at that point. Most leaks occur where the waterproofing is sealed or where there is a penetration of the roof. Since most types of roof systems absorb some amount of water, it is harder to find the exact spot of water contamination in the insulation because it may not leak into the building until it has absorbed all the water it can hold.
Roof Moisture FindIR™ Services are affordable and effective because aerial infrared imagery provides invaluable information about your roof and the “window” to perform the services is longer than the window for walk-on infrared roof surveys.
Our specialized services are an asset to you and your organization as we have a clear understanding of your facility lay-out and type producing a time and cost-saving product.
Fixed-wing aerial infrared imaging provides many advantages:
- Access to multiple levels of the roof.
- High-angle, straight down infrared images lessen reflection problems.
High-resolution images capture large areas at once, making report writing easier and less expensive to produce.
- Plan view allows for infrared images, visual images and AutoCAD drawings to be reconciled closely. As a result, the report is clear, concise and easy to understand.
- Plan view imaging allows accurate marking of areas of suspect roof moisture contamination.
- The printed AutoCAD drawings can be used on the roof to paint areas of moisture contamination directly on the roof (after verification), if desired.
- The trending of roof moisture becomes possible. Further processing can be done on roof areas of specific concern.
Aerial Infrared allows the building owner to buy only the report he/she needs at that time.